Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 19:17:39 -0600
From:      Victor Carranza <victorc@BitSmart.com>
To:        Robert A Clarks <raclark@regence.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to apply a patch to kernel?

Robert A Clarks wrote:

> Silly question, but are you sure you need GRE?

Not silly at all... heck, it seems I do not need GRE for the task (My
router does not have WCCP implemented)... I misunderstood the doco.
Anyway, I would love to know how to apply a patch like that for future
reference :)

However... I was making the assumption that my unsuccessful attempts to
make squid work as a transparent proxy were due to the lack of that
patch. Now, I am baffled... It seems I am doing something else wrong. I
have followed the instructions in the squid documentation, both for the
CISCO router configuration, and the FreeBSD custom kernel, but I get
nothing but "Document contains no data" errors from my browser when I
activate the transparent proxy stuff and try to open any website (and
the squid logs don't reflect my attempts).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Victor
PS. I am not including the details of my network/router/squid
configuration, in order to not to bother people with a loong message. I
will send them to anybody willing to help :)