Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 13:12:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryan Ogawa at Work <bogawa@netvoyage.net>
To:        Jai Durgam <jai@berlioz.nsc.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCSA Server for FreeBSD

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Jai Durgam wrote:

> 	Hi! I wanted to find out if the NCSA httpd server version 1.5
> works on the FreeBSD system. I looked at the NCSA home page and they have
> the server for all kinds of OS but none for the FreeBSD. Would appreciate
> any response.

Yes.  NCSA httpd 1.5a works with FreeBSD, although no binaries are
available.  Look for NetBSD options in the Makefile--this is fairly close
to FreeBSD and should get you close.

Caveat:  Recently I've been having problems w/ FreeBSD and NCSA httpd --
most of these seem to be the results of the large number of virtual web
hosts we're running.

> Thanks and regards
> Jai Durgam
>
> /* All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and have nothing to
>    do with my employer. */

Bryan K. Ogawa
Questions or Problems with NetVoyage?  help@netvoyage.net
Check out the NetVoyage HelpWeb at..   <URL: http://www.netvoyage.net/~help/>;