Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 05:13:26 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Justin <marcus@sensation.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: certificate

> i was just wondering right,
> microsoft have all there courses like, mcp and mcse certification
> but does FreeBSD have anything like that ????
> or if not do you guys if theres a unix networking or unix general or
> unix anything type certification you can get ??
> thanks alot :)

	Well, you might want to check out your local community college.
There is no official 'certification' for FreeBSD. There may be for of the
'bigger' Unix systems, probally of an in-house type. (Engineer Bob working
at xxx company has earned xxx companies Unix certificaton.)
	Either way, in my opinion, certifications are pretty much a way
for the big companies to make money off stupid people. Though they can in
some cases be good learning tools if you're jumping in feet first.

						Rick