Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 09:50:05 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   Re: Star Office 4 (Was: Re: Problems w/ Linux EMU)

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
cc: emulation@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 09:50:05 -0700
From: Mike Smith <mike@antipodes.cdrom.com>

PLEASE POST PROBLEMS RELATED TO THE LINUX EMULATION TO THE -EMULATION
LIST.   THANKYOU.

> On Sun, Apr 19, 1998 at 10:54:23AM -0400, Nathan Dorfman wrote:
> > This is the same thing that happens to x11amp (I know you want sound
> > stuff to -multimedia, but this is relevant to the discussion. It doesn't
> > hang, but it dies on a bus error;
>
> Another bus-error is in ACL (Allegro Common Lisp) V4.3 for Linux.
>
> Just type 'a' 4 times, and SIGBUS results.  (I tried to look at this,
> but hasn't found any way to inspect the core files...)

An ACL user has been looking at this one for a long time.  The problem
has to do with Linux and FreeBSD disagreeing about what signals to send
for various user-space transgressions.  ACL does its own memory
management, and is gettting the wrong signal.

We've just started work on resolving this again - I hope that we have a
solution to this particular problem at least.  There are also some
changes that need to be made to the way that emulated processes are
started to resolve the different initial signal handling states.

- --

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy