Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:04:40 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        Ben Paley <ben@spooty.net>
Cc:        iqgrande@gmail.com, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice.org 2.0.1 & JDK issue

Ben Paley wrote:
>> I know there has been a lot of activity on the mailing lists these
>> days regarding JDK and OOo. From what I could gather, most of it is
>> regarding keeping it working after the update of JDK14. In any event,
>> I was installing OOo-2.0 for the first time, and the build failed.
>> The error message is below and involves JDK-1.4. I figured that this
>> would either be fixable or it would give additional information that
>> could lead to solving some of the previously mentioned problems on
>> the list. Thank you all for your assistance. I am running FreeBSD 6.0-
>> STABLE. A part of my script nuked the output after it failed, so I
>> only have the output from script.
>
> My googling led me to believe that it's to do with a problem in jdk patchset 8
> for freebsd. Ive had exactly the same problem and ended up installing vi
> pkg_add :-(
>
> Seems like the best solution would be to let it use jdk15, but it doesn't seem
> to want to play.

Had same build failure as OP, now when i try the pkg from
ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/2.0.1/FreeBSD6/
i get
pkg_add OOo_2.0.1_FreeBSD60Intel_install_en-US.tbz
pkg_add: could not find package openssl-beta-0.9.8a !

How safe is it to install openssl-beta-0.9.8a? Does it not conflict with
the base openssl?

On other boxes with OOo_2.0.1 and jdk-1.4.2p7 there is no requirement
for openssl-beta-0.9.8a AFAIK.