Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:54:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>, "Wilkinson,Alex" <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [hardware] Tagged Command Queuing or Larger Cache ?

> I haven't had any trouble with the WDxxxBB drives - the WDxxxAA drives
> are pretty unreliable though.

Hrmm, I havn't tried those, but just about every WD drive I've used has
ended up with problems which were of course handled by the warranty, but
even then, I still had to reinstall the os and pull a bunch of stuff from
my backups which was a pain to do for each failure. Like I said, just my
personal experience. I don't think the new 8MB cache drives have been out
long enough to actually develop the problems I've seen on WD drives
though.

Ken