Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:13:17 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Ian J Greely <ian@tirnanog.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [rob@coombs.anu.edu.au: Re: StarOffice 5.1 on CDs]

To save you searching the archives, here's the message I was
referring to (thought I'd deleted it):

----- Forwarded message from Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au> -----

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:42:40 +1000 (EST)
From: Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: StarOffice 5.1 on CDs

	Installing this has been painful, but Ken McGlothlen
(mcglk@serv.net) has some some excellent advice at:

	http://www.serv.net/~mcglk/staroffice-install.html

If you are installing from the CD-ROM that you can get from SUN, there are
a few changes necessary:

Stage1: Paving the way for that obnoxious...

Here, you will need to set up a temporary directory (I used
/compat/linux/lib/StarOffice, but something in /tmp would be more
sensible), and cd into it:

	cd /tmp/StarOffice

Then copy the setup.zip file and unzip it - turning the file names all
into lower case:

	cp /cdrom/linux/office51/setup.zip .
	unzip -L setup.zip

(unzip is in the ports collection).  Then proceed as per Ken's
instructions:

	echo "/tmp/StarOffice" >> /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf
	/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig

If you just try to run the "setup" script directly from the CD, it does
the same thing with its own temporary directory in /tmp (uses heaps of
space - you may not want /tmp on the root file system for this), but does
not set up the ld.so.conf file, nor run ldconfig to update ld.so.cache.
Hence you get an error.

	Rob Hurle			     rob@coombs.anu.edu.au
	Connect-A			      Tel: +61 2 6247 2397
	PO Box 13			      Fax: +61 2 6248 8905
	Ainslie  ACT  2602		      Mobile: 0417 293 603
	Australia

----- End forwarded message -----

--
STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.