Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:03:07 -0400
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Re[2]: FreeBSD w 3C905 cannot connect to Cisco 3524XL switch

Yes, the NIC is set(through rc.conf ifconfig statement) to
100baseTX and full.  The switch is set for the port in
question to speed 100 duplex full in config of interface.

the light on the switch goes from nothing to amber on bootup
(around the time it hits the ifconfig portion of the boot)
then about 10-15 seconds thereafter goes green.  Ifconfig on
the server has already reported no-carrier by this time.

Still no ping from the server to the switch (or further out)
or vice versa.

other ideas?

Dave