Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:55:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mp3

Chuck Robey wrote in list.freebsd-multimedia:
 > I want to add a line in the mailcap file for netscape to get it to use
 > amp for incoming mp3's, but I don't know the filetype.

From my ~/.mailcap:

   audio/mpeg;/home/olli/bin/mp3-play %s
   audio/x-mpegurl;/home/olli/bin/m3u-play %s

mp3-play and m3u-play are wrapper scripts that open an
iconified xterm with mpg123 in it, with the proper options
etc., let me know if you're interested in details.
Basically, mp3-play looks like this (simplified):

   #!/bin/sh -
   exec xterm -iconic -e mpg123 -b2000 "$@"

Some (old) servers return audio/x-mpeg instead of audio/mpeg,
so you could add another line for that type.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)