Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:16:43 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Eduardo Meyer <dudu.meyer@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EV1 Servers makes me sick

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 03:21:33PM -0300, Eduardo Meyer wrote:
> "if your server is re-imaged with 6.0 vs the 5.4 version currently
> installed we will not be able to support this. We have found that the
> versions after 5.4 are inherantly unstable. Please let us know what
> course of action you would like to take."
>=20
> I could not believe it.

Well, these are the same guys that bought a license from SCO for SCO's
alleged "IP" in Linux (and alledgedly in *BSD, before the settlement in
USL vs BSDi was made public). Apparently after a large
bribe^H^H^H^H^Hdiscount from Microsoft.

Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, IMHO. But maybe I'm
being too harsh.

What they're effectively saying is "we don't value your business". The
only correct answer is, "fine, I'll take it elsewhere".

Roland
--=20

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq--