Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 09:17:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about pkg_add and @pkgdep

Quick question about using pkg_add.  I'm testing a port prior to import,
and want to do a 'make package'.  That works, recording the package
dependancy.  When I do a 'pkg_add package.tgz' on a system that has
neither the package nor it's dependancy, the dependancy is reported but
nothing is done.

Am I trying to do something that isn't supposed to work ?  Is the INDEX
file needed in order for pkg_add to figure out what to do with @pkgdep
lines ?

In other words, does this port require fixing before I import it ?

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                         james@nexis.net |
| Integrator, The Nexis Group                     Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |