Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:00:20 -0500
From:      Chuck Burns <chuck@thesouthernlibertarian.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   [urtw] Wifi link dying randomly. reboot required to reconnect.

I have a Netgear WG111v2 - which is a RealTek 8187 based usb 802.11G dongle,
and which uses the if_urtw module.

At random intervals, my internet connection just dies, I cannot ping the AP,
am told "Network is down" by ping.

The LED light on the adapter will have also gone out, and in dmesg, I get
"wlan: link state changed to DOWN" and nothing I can do will restart the
connection.

Killing wpa_supplicant and restarting it does nothing.

I've even destroyed and recreated the wlan0 device and still nothing.  The
card is effectively off.