Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:40:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK 1.2.2 RC4

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Ernst de Haan wrote:

> Would you care creating a ports Makefile for the Sun JDK 1.2.2-final as
> well? I've never written a port Makefile, so uhmmm... /:-)

I've created a port but as far as I can tell the Sun JDK doesn't work
properly - at least on FreeBSD 3.4-Stable.  Command line tests appear to
work but JFC demos do not - no windows appear, top shows java using all
the CPU and a kill -9 is required to terminate java.  I had the same
problem with the release candidate.  Anybody have any luck with the Sun
JDK 1.2.2-final and JFC on FreeBSD?

--
Jose Marques