Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:44:52 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@cec.wustl.edu>
To:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        System Administrator <postmaster@instrumar.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPS

I think the question he meant to ask is whether or not FreeBSD will
detect powerfail event signals from a UPS via a serial port, and
automatically begin a shutdown. I know linux can handle this, by
specifying options in /etc/inittab, but FreeBSD doesn't have that. :)

Actually, I'd like to know if it's possible, too, even though I never
plan on owning a UPS.

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 07:42:57AM -0800, Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:
> >Could you please tell  me how to configure a UPS for FreeBSD 4.01.
> >
> >Thanks
>
> Plug the UPS into the wall, and plug your FreeBSD server into the UPS.

Andrew Hesford
ajh3@cec.wustl.edu