Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 23:47:45 -0400
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <harry@schmalzbauer.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What happened to milter-sender?

Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Am Montag, 23. Mai 2005 23:25 schrieb Adam Weinberger:
>
>>Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I was wondering why I can't find milter-sende in the ports tree, but
>>>google found commit messages, so it has been there once.
>>>(last activity I found was the UPDATING remark on 20040709, I cc'd to
>>>the author)
>>>
>>>Thanks for any hints,
>>>
>>>-Harry
>>>
>>>P.S.: Please CC to me, I'm not subscribed
>>
>>It's been gone for nearly half a year now. Looks like another stupid
>>licence-related issue. Also, vs was not the author; he's just the guy
>>who took care of removing the port.
>>
>># Adam
>>

>>Revision 1.44, Thu Dec 2 10:00:26 2004 UTC (5 months, 2 weeks ago) by vs
>>Branch: MAIN
>>CVS Tags: HEAD
>>Changes since 1.43: +1 -1 lines
>>FILE REMOVED
>

> Thanks a lot for that excerpt. Since the source code is still officially
> available I could cvsup against my local mirror and salvage this great
> port by setting the date as tag.
> The port had alread been marked RESTRICTED, and the source code ist still
> available, so I don't have any idea why it had to be removed...
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Harry
>

>>Remove mail/milter-sender on author's request. It might be resurrected
>>in the future when the software is commercially available again.

It had to be removed for the exact reason stated in the commit message:
the author requested that it be. If you want to see the port return, see
if you can talk the author into allowing it. I frankly think it's a
shame when authors request that their software be pulled... it's usually
requested for the most ridiculous of reasons.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw@magnesium.net || adamw@FreeBSD.org