Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:05:48 +0200
From:      Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samsung X20-XVM 1600-V

--Signature_Fri__8_Jul_2005_13_05_48_+0200_xa4KqP3n_M_CHTVO

Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de> wrote:

> I've also seen IBM notebooks that looked like they would
> break if you just stared at them.  :-)

My IBM ThinkPad R51 looks quite stable, however two weeks
ago while cleaning the display I broke the pin off, which
causes the display to go out, if you close the lid.

I wasn't using any force, as I wouldn't like the display
to be scratched. The pin was just glued and I guess the
"heat" (below 30=B0C) was too much.

Bloody misconstruction.

>  > - for a Dell, your support-calls are not routed to India ;-)
>=20
> Samsung has a German service hotline.

My IBM call was routed to Glasgow, I don't care, as long
as they help. I would have preferred to get a new pin sent,
but now I have to send the whole laptop in.

I don't get a replacement notebook, perhaps I would if
I had a business laptop.

>  > Too bad you can't go to a shop and try-before-you buy.
>=20
> That's the problem.  I'm not going to buy a notebook that
> I haven't tried myself before.  For that reason, my choice
> of notebooks is limited to those models that are available
> from local shops.

If you buy on the internet, you have two weeks to test,
afterwards you can send the notebook back without costs
(provided you buy in Germany).

I think this is better than using Freesbie in the local shop.

Fabian
--=20
http://www.fabiankeil.de/