Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:42:03 +0200
From:      Alexander Yeremenko <ay@sita.kiev.ua>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to submit package ?

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 10:53:43PM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Feb 03), Alexander Yeremenko said:
> > 	In a HANDBOOK i find no official ways to submit new package to
> > FreeBSD packages collection. send-pr seems no suitable in this case.
> > 	How can i contribute ?
>
> A package is simply a precompiled port.  Submit the port and the
> package will appear.

	I'm not shure it has a sence to talk about a port in in my case.
Nothing was ported. Nobody will need to recompile this package. This
package only installs some additional locale and syscons tables and
script for their activation.
	In general, this tables wold be added to a src/share tree, but the
package is version independant and may be applied to any pre-installed
2.X-5.X FreeBSD box as an easy workaround.
	I only wanna submit a package, i don't want to submit a port.

ps	btw there is no guarantee, that submitted port will appear although
in a packages collection. Why will i make problems to unexpirienced
users to compile port by themselves ? All they need is pkg_add at all.