Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 10:23:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Tim Preece <tim@franklin.matlink.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail - error message and processing

Hi,

I have a problem with my sendmail that I cant seem to resolve,

I get this error message - does anyone know what it means ?

sendmail[1639]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): fill_fd: before main() initmaps: fd 2 not
 open: Bad file descriptor

messages seem to be still getting through, though I have missed some
that I was expecting so maybe some are going missing.

this is my mc file that the cf was created from

-- divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)freebsd.mc       $Revision: 1.4 $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)dnl
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')dnl
FEATURE(access_db, hash -o /etc/mail/access')dnl
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl
dnl Uncomment to activate Realtime Blackhole List (recommended!)
dnl FEATURE(rbl)dnl
FEATURE(local_lmtp)dnl
define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS', LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS`'P)dnl
define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw')dnl
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')dnl
define(`confMAX_MIME_HEADER_LENGTH', `256/128')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`scratch.demon.co.uk')dnl
FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl FEATURE(nocanonify)
dnl FEATURE(nodns)
define(SMART_HOST, `post.demon.co.uk')dnl
dnl Dmfranklin.matlink
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`franklin.matlink')dnl
define(`confDELIVERY_MODE',`deferred')dnl

I am running with 4.0-CURRENT cvsupped again 27/03/99

Secondly processing

I am using mbox files and wish to write a script that will move the
mail that has been read from some of the folders elsewhere. How do I
filter the read messages from a mailbox ?

Tim.

I'd rather boot Bill Gates than Windoze any day.