Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:58:29 +0100
From:      John Murphy <spam-trap@freeode.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG

<http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?dtfte05p8b3djcvtbp9o24fqpopbiakosj>;
>> shows the mess made of my original post.
>
>The archive shows your post exactly as it was sent.

I'm amazed.  "=3D" shows as "=3D3D" and "=3D3D" as "=3D3D3D" for me!
Hyphen hyphen space (sig separator) as "--=3D20".

>Your mails are
>encoded with quoted-printable, which does encode some characters as you
>indicate.  The archive is not corrupted since it displays the mails
>exactly as they were received.

The browsers I've tried are set to Western (ISO-8859-1).

>It would be desirable to have the mails in the archive converted from
>quoted-printable into standard 8-bit clean format, but no corruption
>happens.

The apparent corruption must be visible to many users; can't be just me.

--=20
John.