Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:38:22 -7
From:      "Jim McIver" <jmciver@lmtribune.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp upload rights

I'm trying to setup FTP on a Freebsd server and control upload and
download rights for anonymous users and can't seem to come up with
the correct directory permissions for what I'd like.

Off the default /ftp directory I create an /upload and /download
directory. The download is no problem as I just dup the rights on /pub
directory. This allows anyone to download, but not upload to the
directory.

On the upload, I'd like anyone on the outside to be able upload a file
to the directory and see the file they have uploaded, but not be able to
delete it, or download it after they upload. I'll then try to NFS share
the directory's to local inhouse users on a lan so they can
copy/move/delete from both directories, but restrict outside
anonymous access.

I've done it with (boo hiss) NT and Novell, but can't seem to hit on the
correct permissions to make it work with the FTP on Freebsd.

Is this doable with Freebsd?

Regards,

-
Jim McIver