Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 12:12:20 +0800
From:      markemmanuel <lists@markemmanuel.org>
To:        <port-macppc@netbsd.org>, "Questions freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Off topic but interesting...

I saw this on Linux Today.

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-05-02-012-20-OP-BD

I'm not writing this email regarding the Zdnet article.  I'd like everyone
to check out one or two of the feedbacks at Linux Today.  A whole slew of
people are ripping on the BSD and Apple Open Source Licenses.  I honestly
believe that these people are worse than the Mac Zealots of old.  What makes
it worse is they don't understand what BSD stands for.  They seem to have
this godlike demeanor that I still haven't see with the BSD folks.  If it's
not GPL or Linux, it's bad.  The growing attitudes and sentiments is what
made me try out NetBSD and FreeBSD.

I mean, they talk about free but they give me no options or choices with
what I can do with their code.  They also call Linus a  benelovent dictator
while the BSD seems to have a knights of the round table thing going on.
After trying out BSD, I probably won't be going back to Linux anytime soon
because the BSDs feel more superior technically and community-wise than
Linux.

I just would like to everyone that has helped me on these lists directly and
indirectly for being simply good people.

Peace,
Markemmanuel