Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:02:25 GMT
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newest bt848 driver

> > 0x22  <- what is this?
>  ^^^^  this is something unique we can key in on!  I suspect it will be
> a Philips SAA524x teletext chip.

Yes, the UK version of the Hauppauge card (Win/TV) has teletext
instead of intercast (WinCast).  However there is also a PAL B/G
version (for most of W Europe except France I think) that will need to
be distinguished and presumably also has the teletext chip.

> Am I correct in assumming your card doesn't have dbx (stereo)?

Yes, TV stereo over here is NICAM digital stereo, and the card doesn't
support it.

> > 0xc2  <- this is the PLL in the tuner.

I now have the Temic tuner data sheet.  It says that C2 is always
valid, and one of C0, C4 and C6 depending on the voltage on a certain
pin.  But none of these addresses responded.  If I'm feeling brave
this evening I will try to measure the relevant voltage.

> If you would, please examine you card for the part #s on the ICs.

The chips in the tuner are TSA5522T,TDA5737M,TDA9800T.  The other
chips on the card are the BT848 and the teletext chip - I'll mail
that number when I get home.

-- Richard