Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 20:15:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Keith Leonard <keithl@gil.net>
Cc:        Chad Shackley <zoogy@cris.com>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel recompile

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Keith Leonard wrote:

> I may have misunderstood but acording to the FreeBSD Handbook once the
> Kernel is compiled it is call kernel. They recommend giving it your
> machine name when you cp it from Generic - then put that name in the
> ident. line. Once the compile and install is done that is placed in your
> root as kernel. Maybe by calling the copy KERNEL you are confusing the
> compiler. ???

I don't think so.

>From what I understand, you copy GENERIC to MYSYSTEMNAME (or whatever,
i.e., I called mine GDI and another RESNET) and modify that.  (Some people
argue you should copy over LINT, but that's another story)

If I'm off base here , stop laughing and delete this
> message and get on with your wizardry.

Not at all.

> > > ../../nfs/nfs_nqlease.c		In function 'nqsrv-getlease':
> > > 				nqsrv_l undeclared (first use of this function)
> > > 				Each undeclared identifier is reported once
> > > 				for each function it appears.
> > > 				Parse error before character 0357
> >
> > Something strange is going on with the NFS stuff.

Again, the error looks like with the Network File System stuff.  Are you
going to use that, and if not, remove it from your kernel.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant