Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:24:21 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC channels and ??quality??

> that you had any broader objectives in mind - if you wanted to start a
> more productive freepeople.org, or whatever, why didn't you just SAY
> SO and not engage in wholly irrelevant and misleading accusations
> about EFNET?

Jordan,

I've just looked at the output of:

/who #freebsd -chops

Lo and Behold the output includes:

#FreeBSD   jkh       H@  jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)

You are obviously not an indifferent individual in re this topic and I
understand why you have taken the criticisms I have made to heart. And
also why you have rephrased my messages to your heart's content. You ARE
one of the arrogant lot calling themselves chanops on #freebsd. A clearer
picture is emerging me thinks...

Since you are one of the ops on #freebsd I urge you to join not the #linux
channel on EFNET which we both agree is as bad as *your* (since you belong
to it- or it belongs to you) channel #freebsd on EFNET but:

irc.linpeople.org   and /join #linpeople

observe for half an hour and try to aim for that quality of IRC
interaction OR apply to remove the highly MISLEADING FreeBSD FAQ
description of your channel as one for "technical discussion"
and "advanced" solutions.

"I bite my thumb at you sir"...

Regards
O Candemir