Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:20:13 +0200
From:      "Harald Scheckenbacher" <scheckenbacher@inode.at>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Stuck on boot!

Hi,

=20

I=92m new to this list and somewhat new to Free BSD as well and =
therefore
confused as to what is exactly going on with my 6.2 installation.

=20

I run BSD next to Win XP on my notebook, same harddrive, use a boot =
manager
to boot either of them. FBSD 6.2 has been working nicely, my iwi=DF =
interface
worked perfectly and my NVidia driver for Go 6400 as well.

Then when I restarted this morning I found myself unable to boot the =
system.

=20

After loading acpi.ko all I get is a slash that=92s then highlighted but =
no
startup information =85 everything worked yesterday and I even had my =
Eclipse
and JBoss environment set up.

Free BSD and it=92s performance is crucial to me as a JEE developer.

=20

I can=92t seem to fully utilize the boot console (option 6), I would =
like to
read the startup log, how can I do that? I think the answer will be =
there.

=20

Last thing I created was rc.local in /etc to boot up my iwi0 device thru
/root/iwi0_up . =96 Permissions set for everyone to execute.

=20

If someone has had the same problem or any idea as to what I did wrong
please let me know.