Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:31:58 -0400
From:      Isaac Mushinsky <imush@mail.ru>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hostname

If the hostname cannot be reverse-nslookup'ed, your sendmail may have=20
problems. Some mail hosts reject mail from "unqualified" hosts (that is, =
they=20
cannot verify your hostname from IP and suspect evil). In most cases it w=
ill=20
work fine.

If your IP is static, your ISP will usually give it some name (like=20
node99.xxdsl.com). Try use that. With dynamic IP, I am not sure what your=
=20
options are.  You can probably give your sendmail your IP as hostname in=20
sendmail.cf and then restart it.