Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 1997 23:41:15 -0500
From:      Bryan Batten <BryanBatten@compuserve.com>
To:        Questions for FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Using Extended Partitions

OK, I give up. the INSTALL.TXT file on my Walnut Creek CDROM says flatly
that I can mount my DOS extended partitions with FreeBSD 2.2.2.

Based on that statement, I've reserved a logical partition within the
extended partition on my first drive for FreeBSD (using Linux fdisk). Yet
when I try to get to it during my FreeBSD installation procedure's fdisk
portion, I see nothing except the extended partition itself.

Am I missing some subtle point in the installation procedure?