Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:46:26 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        John Williams <jbiddlew@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to set backquote on PC keyboard telneting to FREEBSD

On 2005-08-19 12:39, John Williams <jbiddlew@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear LIst,

> i'm sure this is simple ... I am using a PC to telnet to a FreeBSD
> system.  The backquote key does not work.  I believe the STTY command
> is used to set the backquote key on FreeBSD.  Can anyone tell me the
> STTY command syntax to do this??

Is the "PC" running Windows?

Some installations of Windows use the backquote character as a special
"accent character", which adds a grave accent "`" mark above the next
character typed.  If you hit the backquote key and then quickly SPACE,
a single backquote is then sent to the application (and to FreeBSD,
through the SSH connection).

- Giorgos