Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:53:01 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au
Cc:        jeremie@le-hen.org
Subject:   Re: no /dev/ums0 when module loaded

In message: <200501171715.22761.doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> writes:
: On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:07, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > : I preload all the USB modules I plan to use (a bit annoying I admit). I
: > : believe there is ongoing work in this area though.
: >
: > There is indeed ongoing work in this area.  Unless you need ugen,
: > don't load it is the best answer for now.  I have some work that I'm
: > migrating to the tree, but this will take a while to get into the
: > tree...
:
: Does not having ugen make this stuff work?
: Hmm actually let me try.. No doesn't seem to :(
:
: ie..
: unplug mouse
: kldunload ums
: kldunload ugen
: plug in mouse
: kldload ums
: nothing :)

Works for me.  However, it seems that I have a bunch of stuff outside
the tree that needs to be brought in.  And that stuff is mixed in with
some other stuff that's not ready for prime time, so I have to be
careful about what I bring in...  And there's at least one bug in
newbus that I need to find and fix before some things (like anything
that implements ucom) will work, and another before ugen will
autodetach...

Warner