Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 1999 22:51:50 +0800
From:      "aLan Tait" <aLan@fil.net>
To:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Chat Only???

My partner wants us to offer a "chat only" service (no http,
ftp, email) and I think I can do it with a simple filter,
but am having a bit of a time locating the filter info.
TCP/UDP and port info???  This is what I have...

IRC TCP ports 6659-6670 and 7000

ICQ UDP port 4000  (Any others?  No TCP?)

Freetel  Maybe TCP port 30000???

The reasoning is that if I allow all this, plus my DNS
server, and deny all others at the portmaster in filter
(allow all out) I'd have a resaonablely limited "chat only"
service.

Does anyone have any additional info that might help me
here?

aLan Tait

--
I switched from When?Doze NT...