Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:42:37 -0800
From:      ray@redshift.com
To:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   mmcache problem

Hi List,

  I'm having problems getting mmcache to work with Apache 1.3.33 & PHP4.3.10.
I've tried building mmcache from source and also building it from /usr/ports/www

  Get the following error message in my apache logs no matter what I do:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/php/20020429/mmcache.so: Undefined symbol
"php_session_register_module"

  I've tried compiling apache with full module support, as well as stripped down
with just mod_so support.  I've tried getting mmcache to work with PHP4 loaded
as a DSO and also with PHP4 statically compiled into apache.  Still always the
same error message.  I've tried everything I can think of.  I have tried loading
mmcache.so directly via a LoadModule statement in httpd.conf as well as allowing
PHP to load it via the PHP.INI file.  I get the error message above when I run
PHP from the command line and also when Apache tries to run.

My php.ini file has the following in it:

[mmcache]
zend_extension="/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/mmcache.so"
mmcache.shm_size="16"
mmcache.cache_dir="/tmp/mmcache"
mmcache.enable="1"
mmcache.optimizer="1"
mmcache.check_mtime="1"
mmcache.debug="0"
mmcache.filter=""
mmcache.shm_max="0"
mmcache.shm_ttl="0"
mmcache.shm_prune_period="0"
mmcache.shm_only="0"
mmcache.compress="1"
mmcache.keys="shm_and_disk"
mmcache.sessions="shm_and_disk"
mmcache.content="shm_and_disk"

I'm at a loss.  I can't seem to get it working.  The only information on the web
I can find shows mmcache being installed no problem and I don't seem to be able
to find much information regarding any of the error messages, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas and/or has anyone gotten it to work with Apache
1.3.33 and PHP4.3.10 - either with PHP as a module or when statically compiled?

Thanks!

Ray