Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:12:40 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <cfedde@sendmail.com>
To:        Robin Huiser <listmail@node10c55.a2000.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Accessing the fxp0 device

Set ethereal to be setuid root, change the permissions on /dev/bpf*, or
start using sudo and grant permissions through the sudoers file.

What ever you do here though, make sure that you conceder the implications.
Letting just anyone sniff the network might not be the best idea.  Sudo is
probably the best approach.  It gives you reasonably fine grain control
over permissions.

chris