Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:21:09 +0700
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@granch.ru>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some sendmail questions

Hi, all!

I attempt to install Sendmail 8.9.3 with anti-relay, spam shields and
some more...You say, it's good idea. Yes, I do. But:

1. When I sending mail to some user (f.E aaa@granch.ru, which have it's
owners .forward file, which remapped mail to aaa@bbb.granch.ru, file has
access 0644), sendmail say "file .forward or group include is writing
access, unsafe alert...",and so more and do not forward mail. Setting
DontBlameSendmail does not have effect. "UnsafeGroupWrites" too. WHY?

2. When one from users of my server (BSD/OS 2.1, very old :-( ),which
work with old version (8.7.3) without any troubles, senidng mail with
new Sendmail, it suddenly say "Relaying denyed" :-( But it was ordinary
mail from my user into world! I don't probe set advanced features, like
granted relay domain lists, simply grant third-party relaying. Work
begin... :-(

3. What is a file /var/log/mailacct? With my old version (8.7.3) with
each mail, comes with SMTP or UUCP, into it add one line with
sender/recipient/time/length of message. With new version, I don't see
any setup for this file. May be SITECONFIG? In README says, what
SITECONFIG is obsolete, and I don't setup it. File content vital for
me...

PS: Today I work with 8.7.3 :-(, alas...
--
     With Best Regards.
     Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Granch Ltd. lead engineer