Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 95 21:00 CST
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org
Subject:   Are you using the matcd driver?

If you are using the matcd driver for Panasonic/Creative/Matsushita
CD-ROM drives, please answer these questions by mail ASAP:

1.	What model host interface are you using?
	Please send the name and the model number if you know it.
	(If it is a SoundBlaster card, look on the upper left
	 part of the card for the model number, something like "CTnnnn".)

2.	What are the brands and model numbers of the CD-ROM
	drives you are using with the matcd driver?
	(The model number should be displayed when the system boots.)

Naturally if you are encountering any problems, include that.  I already
know that xcdplayer and other audio disc players aren't working on the
version in -current or in the 0322 SNAP.  A new version will be available
shortly that has the missing functions plus some bizzare features.

Thanks again for the information.  It will be added to the list of
known-working hardware configurations in the man page.

Send your information to:  uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com   (two "e"s in nemesis)

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|Baldrick: But Mr. G, I've got a
or  uhclem%nemesis@trsvax.ast.com (Internet)|cunning plan.  Just add "95" to
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |the end of your product name and
...decvax!trsvax.fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem  |people will think its better.
					:-)  BillG: That's the worst plan ever,
					     but its the only one we've got.
					     I might use it as the price too."