Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:16:35 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-translate@ngo.org.uk, jdp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resolution:  FDP reorganisation

Nik Clayton wrote:
> I will then RE-IMPORT the non-English docs into the tree into the new
> directories.  This means that all the non-English docs will revert to
> revision 1.1 when you next see them.

I don't like this.  Commit logs for Japanese files include many
"Submitted by:" record which has contributor's name.  If it is possible,
I want it to be reserved.

> [1] There are two changes to that message.  In conjunction with the recently
>     committed change that moved /usr/share/local/zh_TW.BIG5 to zh_TW.Big5,
>     the "Big5" variant will be used in the new repository as well.
>
>     And after comments from the Japanese Doc. Proj., the directory for
>     Japanese docs in the repository will be ja_JP.EUC-JP.

Is it difficult to keep it as "ja"?  As Satoshi said, we need more
discussion for correct encoding name.  And IMHO, one reason we chose
Japanese EUC encoding is text processors which we used can handle
Japanese EUC correctly, others are not.  But after DocBook migration,
all text processors are changed, so there is possibility we decide to
use another encoding (of course, I think Japanese EUC will be handled
correctly by many tools).

--
Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
            // kuriyama@FreeBSD.ORG