Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 22:29:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pedro Giffuni <m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about a ports freeze...

Thanks for the answer, we are not on freeze but it's interesting to know
this.

On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * 1) Is /pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ cleaned towards the end of freezes, after a
>  * port is comitted, or is it never cleaned?
>
> It is supposed to be cleaned after a port is committed.  But sometimes
> the committer never gets around to it.  And then once in a while we
> get a massive warez (or whatever) attack and the sysadmin cleans up
> everything.

Perhaps incomming should be clean both after commiting and after the ports
freeze (by cleaned I also mean properly treated if that's the case). Many
people simply drop their ports without sending a PR and no one looks until
the port is rather old. (That's the case with URT, I have almost ready a
version 3.1p1, and I found a submitted 3.1 port).
There were also some instructions about how to download a pirate version
of Visual Basic, which is 1) illegal and 2) of little use for Fbsd users.!
It's perfectly normal to have a big incoming dir (just look at sunsite!),
but it is annoying to have so much garbage.

best regards,

Pedro.