Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:54:52 +0100
From:      Janine C.Buorditez <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Host not found?@#&%!?

Heya,

> I'd say the fact that you have no idea is at least *part* of the
> problem, *tee hee*.

That is exactly what caused the frustration.

> But, seriously, is it the host "broadpark.no" we're talking about?

`ninja.terrabionic.com'

> And, is there
> anything similar about those "few" for whom "this network doesn't
> seem"
> to exist?  Are they all in China, for (a rather silly) example?

Hahah, no. Norway/Germany.

> What is the network topology (layout) of your LAN?  Can you run nmap
> or something similar against your ADSL router?  What results do you
> get,
> if so?  Have you tested DNS on remote systems using 'dig' or
> 'nslookup'?

`host', `dig' and the like works great from outside sources. But those are from
the outside sources (shells) that works.

My network:

    217.13.29.51--<>--10.0.0.1--<>--192.168.187.1--<>--192.168.187.2

> Good, I hope I can help, and that you'll excuse my tongue being so
> firmly planted in my cheek.

Hahaha ;-)

thanks a lot!

--janine