Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:19:14 +0400
From:      Sergei Kolobov <sergei@kolobov.com>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: textproc/xmlto: missing XML catalogs?

On 2003-06-17 at 14:20 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
>  DTDs in the ports collection install SGML and/or XML catalog.  You
>  can find them in ${PREFIX}/share/sgml or ${PREFIX}/share/xml.
>  For example, docbook-xml has ${PREFIX}/share/xml/docbook/4.2/catalog.xml
>  in XML, ${PREFIX}/share/xml/docbook/4.2/docbook.cat in SGML.
>  Set $SGML_CATALOG_FILES and/or $XML_CATALOG_FILES properly, and
>  use --nonet and --catalogs in the case of xsltproc.

Thanks for the explanation - now I understand it a little better.

Still, after setting up variables like this:
XML_CATALOG_FILES=${LOCALBASE}/share/xml/docbook/4.2/catalog.xml
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=${LOCALBASE}/share/xml/docbook/4.2/docbook.cat

Attempt to load network entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
cannot parse
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
[...]

Of course, I have manpages/docbook.xsl in ${LOCALBASE}/share/xsl/docbook
(installed by docbook-xsl port), but how do I feed it to xmlto so it
will not try to fetch via HTTP?

Should I rely on a user building the port to set up XML_CATALOG_FILES
and SGML_CATALOG_FILES properly in advance or can I create catalog at
the port's build time with xmlcatalog?

>  Besides, you use xmlcatmgr to create catalog files (see ports/52640).
>  All ports does not care about catalog files in a consistent way,
>  so I am working on this problem.

I did not have chance to look at your PR yet, but it sounds promising.

Thanks.

Sergei