Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 22:09:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        "John C. Place" <placej@ctcdist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.shutdown and init

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, John C. Place wrote:

> Instead of waiting why not hack in a call to it yourself fot the time being?
> That is teh beautiful thing about open source... don't like it? change it.

Well, I found out the init change is already there, it's just that the
/etc/rc.shutdown file only exists in the 3.0 branch.  It would be nice to
have it in -stable to save a few people some head scratching and to kind
of point out that the feature does indeed exist in any stable snaps (and
2.2.8) after mid August.  I'll just contact the committer directly...

Thanks,

Charles