Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 20:20:14 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   page fault

this is a May 26 08:18 EET kernel

and as for some time now, it's still possible to reboot my
machine with either telnet from win 95 (it reboots often
during the first minute after logged in). several different
machine with different win95 installations _can_ do this.

also in a setup where my box has kernel ppp to world,
and ed0 to the ether, somewhat heavy load from ether to
ppp crashes my machine. (heavy as web surfing from one machine)

yesterday i turned the crashdump on, this is what i got today:

IdlePTD 23e000
current pcb at 21b728
panic: page fault
#0  0xf0114b5e in boot ()
(kgdb) where
#0  0xf0114b5e in boot ()
#1  0xf0114e4a in panic ()
#2  0xf01ce0ba in trap_fatal ()
#3  0xf01cdb69 in trap_pfault ()
#4  0xf01cd7cb in trap ()
#5  0xf01cc939 in small_i586_bcopy ()
#6  0xf014f04e in ether_output ()
#7  0xf015ff03 in ip_output ()
#8  0xf016730d in udp_output ()
#9  0xf01676c5 in udp_send ()
#10 0xf012cabf in sosend ()
#11 0xf012fa9e in sendit ()
#12 0xf012fb56 in sendto ()
#13 0xf01ce317 in syscall ()
#14 0x8082af1 in ?? ()
#15 0x1a5a7 in ?? ()
#16 0x149a4 in ?? ()
#17 0x10c71 in ?? ()
#18 0x1096 in ?? ()
(kgdb)

is that at all helpfull? anyone wants to have the crashdumps? i'll
keep it on coz now it should not crash too often (i'm low on drive
space for crashes coz of 64 megs ram makes relatively big dumps)

will be going current (cvsup 20:30 EET DST Sun 1st) in 4 hours.

but as i mentioned, these win95_reboots_freebsd_? -probs has been
around from the first time i suspected it publicly here... weeks ago.

is it just somewhat related to ppp? or is my hardware _bad_?

mickey