Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:52:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        randy@psg.com (Randy Bush)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable)
Subject:   Re: buildword curiousities

> >> The trouble with cvsup2 is that it has a limit of only 6 clients at
> >> a time.  It's usually maxxed out.
> > I am working on an additional cvsup mirror hanging off of Verio, though
> > I have been asked to ``bandwidth'' limit it due to political pressure.
> > This should help take some load off of cvsup2, and speed up things for
> > Verio connected customers.
>
> i can put a box on the verio backbone itself, like on a fast ether off
> oc12s in a backbone rack.

John mentioned that to me in private mail, our connection is actually
fast ether to pdx19.verio.net, you know the map from there far better
than I do.

> i am trying to work out with folk like john
> polstra how to build/maintain the box itself.  i can supply the pieces,
> but not a lot of my time.  i suspect john may not have a lot of time
> either.

Supply the pieces, I'll maintain it if John doesn't have the time.
I actually have it up and running here now, it was a snap.  As soon
as testing gets done and I get that last buy off it'll go live as
a replacement for cvsup4.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                    rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net