Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 15:16:39 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "James Housley" <jim@thehousleys.net>
Subject:   Re: Specify local .mc file for make world?

Yes!  Thanks!

Perhaps a suggestion of a wording change in /usr/src/etc/sendmail/Makefile
about how this feature works?

Something along the lines of:

# Local SENDMAIL_CF=your_sendmail.cf, may be set in /etc/make.conf.
Warning!
# If set, this causes make world to use your_sendmail.mc to generate
# sendmail.cf and install over /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.
# Caveat emptor!  Be sure you want this before you enable it.

Then people like me won't ask how it's done (as often).