Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:17:37 -0500
From:      Mark Jones <mark.jones.netins@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to install 5.4 from CDROM

I'm having an odd problem installing 5.4 release from CDROM.

The machine is an HP ProLiant DL145. It didn't come with a CDROM drive, I=
=20
borrowed one from a Dell PowerEdge SC1425.
The CDs are good, I've installed on other machines with them - in fact, on=
=20
the same machine that I borrowed the CDROM from.

I can boot from the CD with no problem. I go through sysinstall all the way=
=20
through the part where I select what sources to install. Sysinstall writes=
=20
the MBR and fsck's the drive with no problem. But then when it goes to=20
install the source and packages from CD, it says it can't read the CD.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

--=20
Mark