Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 18:49:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        de-bsd-chat@de.freebsd.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: daemon stories ( german customs )

> But he refused to get the CD-Rom ... Well I tried to persuade him,
> that I didn't want to make a deal with him, I only wanted to give
> it to him, because of the nice service ...
>
> Well, then he told me, it's because of the demon symbol ....
> He is "witnes of Jehova" ;-))) So he can't tale my offer.

What did you expect from a Beamter anyway?  Rational thought?  C'mon -
if he was capable of thinking, he wouldn't be a beamter at all, now
would he? :-) :-)

I think people shouldn't be too put out by these occasional incidents.
There are some good ones about texas rednecks and "we just wanted to
know what the lord of darkness was doing on your chest, Maam?" which
involve our little mascot and go back several decades.  If it proves
anything at all, it's that there are still religious elements in
various western societies who'd probably be a lot happier living in
someplace like Iran and should probably move there at the first
opportunity. :)

					Jordan