Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:28:58 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports Team <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Broken ports

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 01:26:31PM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	Now a folowup question. Why not just point the xscrabble file retrival
> 	at FreeBSD, where a copy that works is? Rather than declaring it
> 	broken, that is.

My best guess is that marking it BROKEN serves as an encouragement
for the maintainer to Do Something About It.  In this case, though,
the port doesn't have a maintainer.

I'm going to put a copy of the working distfile on my website and
point the Makefile there.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Matt

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Inertia is a property
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * of matter.