Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:34:38 +0200
From:      Rudolf Cejka <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        Pang <freebsd@laws.ms>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Download speed and TCPIP window sizing

Pang wrote (2007/05/31):
>  I have asked many techs in Asianetcom and they blamed on TCPIP window
> sizing. I am not sure what it is, so I do a search in Google and find

More typical problem than TCP window size is Ethernet connection itself,
for example one side thinks it has 100 Mb/s half duplex and the second
side thinks that it has 100 Mb/s full duplex, which results in speeds
around 10 - 100 KB/s.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology