Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:16:08 -0500
From:      Tom Parquette <Tom_Parquette@myrealbox.com>
To:        barbish@a1poweruser.com,
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG,
Subject:   Re: Mount floppy command

Joe,
I'm not an expert on this but here is what I know...
I think the piece you are missing is the update to /etc/fstab. =20

As I understand it, this is where the magic happens with the mount command.=
  (You will note that /cdrom is also there.)

I was able to mount and read a floppy with the mount_msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt co=
mmand as root.  When I tried to add this to my fstab, and issue mount /mn=
t it didn't work right.  What I put in my fstab was "/dev/fd0 /mnt msdos =
rw 0 0".

I do not have any experience with dos floppies under FreeBSD so I am now at=
 the limit of my knowledge.  Maybe one of the gurus can pick up from here=
.
Cheers...