Date:      Tue, 17 May 2005 00:42:41 +0200
From:      Wille Harald <harald.wille@students.jku.at>
To:        Glenn Sieb <ges+lists@wingfoot.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD Athlon64...

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 04:41:06PM -0400, Glenn Sieb wrote:
> Hey Wille--Thanks for the reply!
>
> I think I'd like a couple more SATA RAID ports though. Preferably I'd
> like to do 0+1 (well no, *preferably* I'd love to do RAID-5 but that's
> not realistic or in my budget (grin)).

Neither in mine (not yet) :)

I you want more SATA ports, then you can check out the FIR version of this MOBO.
The main difference is the Firewire ports and a second SATA controller
(Promise 20579) price is approx. 30% higher.

The promise controller can do 0+1 with the two SATA drives and two PATA drives.
But you can't do 0+1 with four SATA drives, because they are on two different
RAID controllers.

The ASUS A8V-DX K8T800 (as you asked) has also a promise 20378 onboard, so
also not able to do 0+1 with four SATA drives.

> It does look like a nice board, otherwise--thanks for the headsup! :-)
>
> Best,
> --Glenn

Greetings, Harald