Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 1999 17:53:41 -0700
From:      "Carlos C. Tapang" <ctapang@aracnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Encanto Networks chooses FreeBSD over Linux

Just came across an interesting article in Investor's Business Daily (April
26th issue) in the Computers and Technology section. The title is "Windows
Foes Pose A Threat: Ex-Novell CEO". In it Bob Frankenberg cites the reason
why his company chose FreeBSD over Linux: they did a very careful evaluation
and "found that there was a 2-1 or 3-1 improvement over Linux". "... A lot
of work had been done to maximize transaction-processing performance." But
"Linux, on the other hand, performs better for individual use" because of
"better network performance".

Hmm, are we finally getting good press coverage? I am sure this did not
happen by accident. There must be an effort going on to get this kind of
press coverage. Good job, guys.

Carlos C. Tapang
http://www.genericwindows.com