Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 00:07:41 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

>>> Michael Smith said:
 > Amancio Hasty Jr. stands accused of saying:
 > > This brings about another interesting point what are people doing
 > > with FreeBSD besides kernel hacking or system related work?
 >
 > We run atmospheric research radars with FreeBSD boxes.

I might as well add what I do or have done with FreeBSD...

o ip multicasting trouble shooting. At Cisco, while I was  as there I
  used my FreeBSD box to help trouble their ip multicast code.
  This was a couple of years ago so I am not responsible for the
  state of affairs right now...

o Low level X development work or modified XIE to provide hardware
support for fax.

o Snmp test development .

o Tele-commuting. Whenver possible is great to use my FreeBSD box to
  work.

o Voice and Fax -- right now my FreeBSD box serves as an answering/fax
  machine . I really like this a lot since I hate answering machines or
  stupid fax machines. Nor scanner though.

o Occasionally, I watched a VideoCD on my box or on TV.
  The other day I gave a demo to an old friend of mine  and he sat down
  and watch the whole movie so watch out! Since, I had already seen
  the movie I just kept on typing on my system :)

Okay, is not rocket science ...

	Enjoy,
	Amancio